Alive and Restorating!
- Update 2018-06-12: After the reconstruction of the main building proved more expensive than planned (as we kind of suspected and expected the same time…), we took some months to check the cashes and count all our money. Furthermore we worked on bringing in our own mandatory funding contribution. Anyone who would like to support us in this matter is warmly welcome to consider our call for donations. In parallel the plans for reconstruction of the front building have been revised once more and slightly reduced. Now we face the acquisition of the amendment to the funding contract with the SAB, our most important funding partner. Wish us luck!
- Would you like to help with construction? Great! Here you can find what shall be done and when.
- Construction needs money. Would you like to donate some? Then we make a great match. Find our call for donations here.
- There will be a time when all will be done and finished. Until then, you can find our construction progress reports here.
Since 1995 we manage the AZ Conni at Rudolf-Leonhard-Straße 39. Roughly for the same time we were pretty sure that the house would once need a rather large restoration. Of course we ourselves repaired, reconstructed and renewed some stuff from time to time, but for most of the larger measures we always lacked the money.
Technically speaking, for many years we also weren’t really responsible for this. Until the end of 2009 we were just renters while the real estate office of the City of Dresden owned the property. But since the signing of a building lease contract it belongs to us for at least 30 years.
Now we took a big step forward. The Sächsische Aufbaubank gave us a pile of money from the framework for restoration of the Hechtviertel area that we use for construction.
What has been done so far?
- new roof with skylights
- renewal of all old windows and doors
- new electrical equipment
- new main sewage pipes
- completely new heating
- new kitchen for the kindergarten
- elevator and inclusion of the lower levels
- noise protection measures
- fire protection measures
- Uplift of the roof above the band sleeping room and new walkway there, completely new roof covering
- partly new heating
- partly new electrical equipment
- new windows and doors
- façade restoration
For all questions around the construction measures (call for bids, help, complaints etc.) please contact sanierung[at]azconni.de or visit our office on workdays between 10:00 and 16:00.